Ridgeline Roofing & Building provides a great service and fair pricing – would use again!
Quick and reliable repairs – very satisfied with their work.
The friendliest and most helpful roof service I’ve used.
Professional, efficient, and knowledgeable – highly recommend!
Flat Roofing in Markyate
Ridgeline Roofing & Building offer a full range of flat roofing solutions that are tailored to your property and budget needs. We are a trusted, professional and trained flat roofing company dedicated to the highest standards in flat roof installation and repairs in Markyate, with many years of experience.
It all starts with a free, no-obligation roof inspection. We will conduct a thorough roof survey and suggest the best possible materials to protect your Markyate home. We would also advise on other products like gutters, downpipes, soffits and fascia that may need to be installed. Along with our solid, honest advice, we would be happy to give you a quotation and a timeframe for completion.
Our flat roofing in Markyate AL3 covers a wide range of flat roofing requirements, from small repairs to a completely new flat roof for both domestic and commercial applications.
Flat roof repair near me Markyate
Whatever type of material you choose for your flat roof, whether it is a traditional building or a modern new build, Ridgeline Roofing & Building can help install or repair your roof to a high standard that will last for years to come.
We offer a flat roof repair service as well as being able to install brand new flat roofs. If your flat roof is leaking or damaged, we can help. You may not always need a whole new roof when your old one fails, we can arrange to access the repairs needed and provide a free quote to fix the flat roof.
GRP Fibreglass Roof Installation Markyate
GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) fibreglass roofing is a popular choice for both residential and commercial buildings. This material is made from layers of glass fibre matting that are soaked in a liquid resin and then cured to create a durable and waterproof roofing system. There are several benefits to using GRP fibreglass roofing, including:
GRP Fibreglass Roof Benefits
- Durability: GRP fibreglass roofing is incredibly strong and durable, making it an ideal choice for areas with high winds or harsh weather conditions. It is also resistant to UV light, chemicals and fire, which means it can withstand a variety of different environments.
- Waterproof: One of the biggest benefits of GRP fibreglass roofing is its waterproofing properties. The roofing system is completely seamless, which means there are no joints or seams for water to seep through. This makes it an excellent choice for flat roofs or areas with a low pitch.
- Lightweight: Compared to other roofing materials, GRP fibreglass is very lightweight. This means it puts less stress on the building's structure and can be installed more easily and quickly than other materials.
- Low Maintenance: GRP fibreglass roofing requires very little maintenance over its lifespan. It does not need to be painted or treated with any chemicals and it is easy to clean with just soap and water.
- Versatile: GRP fibreglass roofing can be used for a variety of different applications, including flat roofs, pitched roofs, balconies and even as a lining for water tanks or ponds.
- Long lifespan: GRP fibreglass roofing has a lifespan of over 30 years, making it an excellent long-term investment for your property.
Professional Felt Roof Installation Markyate
Felt roofs are crafted from high-quality materials such as polyester and bitumen, applied using a torch-on three-layer method. The first layer is nailed down and the remaining two layers are torched down in a cross-bonded pattern for maximum durability and leak resistance. You can trust us to provide you with a professional and reliable roofing solution that meets your specific requirements.
Felt roofing is a popular option for flat roofs and for good reason. Here are some of the benefits of choosing felt roofing for your property:
Bitumen Felt Roof Benefits
- Affordability: Felt roofing is one of the most affordable options for flat roofing, making it an excellent choice for those on a budget.
- Durability: Felt roofing is a robust and durable option that can last for many years with proper installation and maintenance.
- Versatility: Felt roofing can be applied to a wide range of flat roofs, including garages, sheds, outbuildings and roof terraces.
- Low maintenance: Felt roofing is a low maintenance option that requires minimal upkeep, making it ideal for those who want an easy-to-care-for roof.
- Waterproofing: Felt roofing is an effective waterproofing option that can protect your property from leaks and water damage.
- Energy efficiency: Felt roofing can help to reduce heat loss from your property, improving energy efficiency and potentially lowering your energy bills.
- Safety: Felt roofing is a safe and secure option that can provide excellent fire resistance when properly installed.
- Aesthetics: Felt roofing comes in a range of colours and finishes, allowing you to choose an option that complements your property's style and design.
Overall, felt roofing is an affordable, durable and versatile option for flat roofs. Whether you're looking for a low-maintenance option, improved energy efficiency or reliable waterproofing, felt roofing is an excellent choice for many property owners. Contact us to discuss your options and find out whether felt roofing is the right choice for your property.
Expert Single-Ply Rubber Roof Installation Markyate
Rubber roofing, also known as EPDM roofing (a type of single-ply roofing), is a popular roofing material for flat and low-slope roofs. It is made from a synthetic rubber material that is durable, flexible and resistant to weathering and UV radiation. Rubber roofing is an excellent choice for homeowners and commercial property owners looking for a reliable, cost-effective roofing solution. Here are some of the benefits of rubber roofing:
EPDM Rubber Roof Benefits
- Durability: Rubber roofing is highly durable and can withstand extreme weather conditions, such as heavy rain, high winds and hail. It is also resistant to fire and punctures, making it an ideal roofing material for industrial buildings.
- Low maintenance: Rubber roofing requires minimal maintenance and can last for up to 50 years with proper care. It does not require frequent cleaning or recoating, and any repairs can be easily carried out by a professional roofing contractor.
- Energy efficiency: Rubber roofing is an energy-efficient roofing material that can help reduce heating and cooling costs. It reflects sunlight and prevents heat from being absorbed into the building, which can help keep the interior cool during hot summer months.
- Environmentally friendly: Rubber roofing is an eco-friendly roofing material that is made from recycled materials. It is also recyclable at the end of its lifespan, making it a sustainable choice for property owners looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Versatility: Rubber roofing is a versatile roofing material that can be used for a variety of applications. It can be installed on flat and low-slope roofs, as well as on other surfaces such as walls and chimneys.
- Easy installation: Rubber roofing is relatively easy to install compared to other roofing materials. It can be installed quickly and efficiently by our professional roofing contractors, which can help reduce installation costs.
- Cost-effective: Rubber roofing is a cost-effective roofing solution that can help property owners save money in the long run. It has a low installation cost and requires minimal maintenance, which can help reduce overall roofing expenses.
If you’re looking for a cost effective, reliable and long-lasting roofing solution, EPDM Rubber roofing is ideal for your roofing needs.
FAQs about our flat roofing service
Our customers often ask for advice about our services, so we have put together a list of the most common questions:
Why choose Ridgeline Roofing & Building for your Flat Roofs in Markyate?
The majority of our works are recommendations from previous customers, which is a testament to our customer service and workmanship.
- Fully insured roofing company
- Years of roof repairs & install experience
- Very high job completion standards
With complete customer satisfaction as our primary focus, we work hard to ensure quality and reliability so that you have peace of mind that your Flat Roofs will be completed to the highest possible standards.
Professional Flat Roof Repair in Markyate
With full public liability insurance, competitive prices and our skilled workforce, we remain the preferred roofing contractors in Markyate.
- Free No-Obligation Quotes
- All work guaranteed
- Flat Roofing
- Slate Roofing
- Rubber Roofing
- Felt Roofing
- Fibreglass Roofing
- Tile Roofing
- Roof Repairs
- Fascias & Soffit Installation
- Gutter Repairs & Installers
- Chimney Repairs & Leadwork
Frequently Asked Flat Roof Repair Questions
Even though flat roof materials have improved over the years, they tend to still have a lifespan and will succumb to leaks, especially if they have not been maintained. Over the years, sun, wind, rain, and snow will break down the roofing material that protects your flat roof from leaks. Below are some common ways to tell that you need flat roof repairs:
- Repeated or extensive water pooling on the roof
- Blistering and bubbling from adhesion failure
- Tears, cracks or rips in the roof or seams
- The presence of leaks or moisture inside the building
- The pulling away of flashing from the corners of the roof
- The growth of lichen, moss, mould, and algae
- Damaged topcoat
If you notice or are experiencing any of the above, it’s best to call the flat roof specialists at ER now on 01582 825491.
There are several reasons why you may have a leaking flat roof in Markyate, some of the common ones include:
- Inadequate drainage: if your roof doesn’t have proper drainage, water will pool on the roof. Over time, standing water can damage roofing materials and make the roof susceptible to leaks.
- An old roof: older roofs are more prone to roof leaks due to years of rain, sun, frost, hail, and snow eventually damaging the roofing material.
- Damaged flashing: poorly installed or damaged flashing can leave the roof exposed to the elements, allowing water to penetrate the roofing system.
- Damage to the roof membrane: tears, cracks, punctures and blistering of the roof membrane will leave the roof deck and interior of the roof vulnerable to water damage and leaks.
- Standing water: standing water can cause strain, wear, and tear on your flat roof. If left it will weaken the roof to the point where it will start to leak.
On commercial flat roofs, holes will be made in the roof membrane to accommodate vents, drains, pipes, and HVAC units. Over the years the seals on these gaps will no longer be watertight, allowing water to seep into the membrane and causing leaks.
On average, a flat roof repair cost in Markyate will run between £300 to £600 depending on the roof material and the extend of the damage. If your garage flat roof just needs a small patch, then you are looking to the lower end of the scale. If your flat roof is in constant need of repair, it would make sense to replace the roof.
A GRP flat roof, or fibreglass roofing as it’s also known, is one of the most popular flat roofing solutions in the UK. GRP stands for Glass Reinforced Polyester, a composite material formed by strengthening plastic with fine fibres made of glass.
GRB/Fibreglass is a newer roofing system that lends itself best to flat roofing but is also suitable for pitched roofs in some applications. Fibreglass is more durable than felt and stronger too. A fibreglass roof will last for more than 20 years and it’s less likely than felt to develop a fault.
Contact our roofers in Markyate
Contact our team of roofers in Markyate today, and we can provide you with advice and a free quote.
"*" indicates required fields